Wednesday, July 1, 2015

22 Reasons why Kimmy Schmidt is SUPER AMAZING



If you haven't watched the 1st season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, you are missing out. For realsies. This is unfortunately a Netflix only show, but who doesn't have Netflix these days, amrite?! ;) 

Kimmy Schmidt is co-written from the beautifully hilarious Tina Fey, so YOU KNOW IT'S GOOD.  Seriously, this show is H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!!! I'm not even over-exaggerating here. Honest to goodness, this is the BEST new comedy in recent history. 



The premise of the story is that Kimmy (Ellie Kemper, Bridesmaids), and a small group of women ("mole-women"), get rescued from a doomsday cult, where they had been held captive in an underground bunker for the last 15 years. She decides to start over with her life and move to New York, where she makes friends with her hilarious roommate Titus and goes to work as a Nanny for a millionaire wife (Jane Krakowski, 30 Rock), all while trying to adjust to life in this "new world". 

Hopefully that was enough to spark an interest, but really, all I should've have to say was that Tina Fey is the showrunner...did I mention she guest stars in a couple episodes?! Quick trivia about the show...the character Kimmy Schmidt was written for Ellie Kemper, which is why it just feels so natural and PERFECT. And Jacqueline was written with Jane Krakowski in mind! But anyway, let's get to the good stuff. 

22 Reasons why Kimmy Schmidt is SUPER AMAZING:




1. Kimmying. 

I love this line. This practically sums it all up, but there is SO MUCH MORE GOOD STUFF, I'll continue. One of the great things about Kimmy is her ability to be positive and upbeat and optimistic, regardless of the circumstances. I mean, she was locked in a bunker for 15 years without ever going outside or having privacy and she STILL is happy and lively! She's so awesome!



2. Her comebacks. 

Haters gonna hate and Kimmy Schmidt doesn't care about them one bit! She's never malicious or mean, but she does stand up for herself. 






3. She's a fighter and I love that about her. 

Preach girl, preach!! See what I mean?! Kimmy is tenacious, resilient, and A FIGHTER. Like, no one's gonna hold her down. She is a #bosswitch and provokes an all-around fist-pumping-girl-power attitude that I can't live without. 



4. She's WEIRD and she OWNS IT.

I love her little self-deprecating moments because I relate to them A LOT. She is who she is, she owns it, she doesn't care what people have to say or think about her. It's okay to be weird, in fact, I think WE'RE ALL WEIRD, and if you think you're normal, you're just kidding yourself. Embrace who you are because you are awesome.



5. Disney References are a part of everyday life...as they should be.

If you're not a Disney fan, I cannot be friends or even talk to you. Just kidding, but let me tell you that I do severely judge "non-Disney" people. Where are you from, another planet?! It's totally okay to be a grown-up and still pop out a Disney quote or reference in your daily life. Because Disney is the BEST



6. Her awful (but wonderful) flirting style.

Aren't we ALL Kimmy before a date, trying to figure out what we're going to say and how to say it so that we don't end up looking like the crazy people we actually are?! I love her dorky flirting style, which isn't really flirting at all, and maybe that's what I love about her?! She's hilarious and I want to be her BFF IRL.



7. Her inability to take a selfie.

This scene is seriously SO HILARIOUS. I still die laughing at it. Another part of her awkwardness that I totally love. 



8. She is always trying to help people.

Even though they NEVER appreciate it. This is also one of my *favorite* lines!! All she was trying to do was help some little kid out and he yells at her  (while running away) "Stranger Danger!" and her response is the BEST!! #strangerdangerranger



9. She's clueless about technology.  

I feel like Kimmy in A LOT of ways because I am never in on all the techie stuff or anything "cool" the kids are saying. Most of the time I sound like I'm stuck in the 90's, because I'm a 90's kid through and through. Watching her struggle to understand and use [correctly] current lingo is comic gold.



 10. As an adult who is a grown up... 

Also one of my favorite lines. I'm going to start using this line on my nephews. ;)



11. She always has such great advice.

Kimmy is the ultimate friend. I feel like she'd always be there NO MATTER WHAT to support you, make you feel better, empower you and give great advice. She'd always have a silver lining to give you if you needed it but also would just listen and let you vent. HOLD THE PHONE...I THINK KIMMY SCHMIDT IS A HUFFLEPUFF!!! This makes me ridiculously happy. Welcome to the club Kimmy! #everydayimhufflin 





12. She's always there to cheer you up.

I can't watch UKS and be in a bad mood. She's just sunshine and rainbows and baby kittens all wrapped up into one bubbly happy personality. 



13. YOLO.

She makes a good point here. You never know what life entails so you have to live life to the fullest EVERYDAY. Tomorrow is not a guarantee for anyone. Don't wait to be daring or be happy or do what brings you joy...eventually time will run out and you don't want to look back on our life with regrets. 



14. Sometimes she's a firecracker

Sometimes you've got to call people out on their B.S. She doesn't do it often, but she WILL stand up for herself and she WILL call you out when needs be. 


15. She trusts her intuition.

This is really important advice. You have to listen to your gut instincts! Kimmy sticks to her guns and encourages others to do what they feel is right, not what other people tell them is right. At the end of the day, you've gotta live with who you are



16. She understands the joys of being an adult.

Sometimes we get bogged down with all our responsibilities that we forget to live a little and have fun! Kimmy knows that those little joys are 100% worth it and we should do them often. 
BEST facial expression EVER.

We're adults, we get to do what we want! No judgments on candy for dinner. Haven't we all been there. (Or ice cream in my case)



17. No one's going to bring her down.

I know I said that line earlier but it fits here too. You can try to insult her all you want, but Kimmy knows that what people say about her is more a reflection of who they are than who she is. That's a lesson we ALL can learn!! #hatersgonnahate



  18. She has a go-to Coping Mechanism when times get rough.

Fake it 'till you make it. I love that she has this coping mechanism that helps her get through tough things. You do you boo. 



19. She understands how life can really be & she's honest.

Life can really really suck and she knows that. Sometimes being an adult IS really terrible. Sometimes you need a beat to just 'be', whatever it is in that moment, be it sad, angry, frustrated, etc. You can't always put a smile on and pretend everything is okay, though that's her go-to. Sometimes you really do need to just let yourself feel those feelings so that you can be ready to move on when the time is right. 




20. She's got amazing references from the 80's

Sure, that's because that was the last time she was involved in Pop Culture, but whatever. She always has the best 80's references that I genuinely respect.



21. Just take it 10 seconds at a time.

You can survive anything for 10 seconds. Everything will be okay. I love this!! I will start using this is every day when the school semester starts up again. 



22. She dares the world to bring it on!

She's ferocious when she puts her mind to something. Get it girl!


Oh Kimmy Schmidt, if we could only be friends IRL. Life would always be a party and I'm pretty sure we'd be BFFs. Keep being your wonderful self and I'll keep wishing I could pull off that hair color and that bold pink and yellow combo you're always wearing. Xoxo!


No comments:

Post a Comment