Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Wednesday & Morticia Addams are my Spirit Animals


It's no secret that I LOVE Wednesday and Morticia Addams. If you're anywhere on my Instagram account (brwneydgrl1988) , you know that on Wednesdays I like to post Wednesday Addams pictures, because, well, of course I do. Ever since I was a little girl I loved the Addams Family. I loved the TV Show and I especially loved the movies. This should be of no surprise since my favorite movie as a tiny tot was Nightmare Before Christmas and I've been in love with Johnny Depp since he was Edward Scissorhands. So, suffice it to say that I have always been a lovely goth girl at heart (and later on, in real life lol). I LOVE Halloween. It's the best holiday there is. Sure, I love Christmas too, but Halloween is my favorite. I love the whole month of October, I love scary movies, I love witches, werewolves, zombies (Walking Dead shout out!), vampires (the scary ones, not the sparkly ones), demon hunters (Supernatural shout out!) and basically all that comes with it. So to celebrate the beginning of my FAVORITE month, I thought I'd pay homage to two of my favorite people...Wednesday & Morticia! :)

Wednesday & Morticia Addams are my Spirit Animals


#1: First of all, let's talk about their total #BOSSWITCH looks. They are very different but equally important and equally enviable. 



I guess will start with the B.A. matriarch, Morticia...



Morticia's trademark "look" is that beautiful knowing look that immediately screams "I know what you're really doing/saying/thinking, so if you think you're fooling me, you aren't." She's nice and polite but you'd definitely not want to mess with her. 





Also, her "That's what I thought." look, which is priceless. Morticia is the Queen of Everything and she knows it. 


THIS PERFECT MEME. CHEERS.

Let's move on to Wednesday and her perfect Resting B Face, which is CLASSIC. 



This is me every morning.  Girl knows how to mean mug and you can't even hate her for it. Because it's like looking into your soul. 

Exhibit A: 

And this perfect meme that fully summarizes at least 12 situations throughout my every day life. ;)



#2: They know the *power* of wearing black. 

TRUTH
RULE #1

MY VERY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. 

I love black. I remember sitting in a room full of girls dressed in bright colors and being head to toe black, including my nails, hair, and dark smokey eye. We were doing a "get to know you" thing and the person asked me what my favorite color was and I said "black", and she said "I didn't know that that really counted as a color." Of course inside my face was Wednesday but outside it was Morticia. I just smiled her smile and didn't respond her to. BLACK IS A COLOR. Black is the best color! So infuriating. 

#3: Morticia knows: pastels are disgusting




Sorry to say, but I hate pastels. With the exception of maybe 2 nail polishes that I have that are borderline pastel...because everything else looks like an Easter egg. *vomits*  Jewel tones and black or nothing!

#4: Wednesday has zero time for babies and sissies. 


Christina Ricci is the *PERFECT* Wednesday. Creepy as hell!

TV Show Wednesday, adorable, not a menacing as Movie Wednesday.
Just like Wednesday, I have no patience, sympathy, or time for this. Put up or shut up. And stop crying about it.  

#5:  Rain is THE BEST!!!



I hate summer. This is DEFINITELY not new news. I hate the sun for the most part. If you saw me, you'd get it. I'm pale by choice because I HATE THE SUN. It's hot and bright and annoying. Give me rain, clouds, fog, storms ANY DAY OF THE WEEK! 


PURE HAPPINESS
PREACH.
FACT: The sun kills. Stay inside kids and only go out when it's dark and overcast! 


#6: Eye Roll Perfection.




Seriously. She has the BEST eye roll. Wednesday takes no crap from anyone and she is not afraid to bluntly express her irritation/disgust. 

#7: Wednesday and Morticia are constantly setting the societal Patriarchy on fire like the #bosswitches they are.



Exhibit A:




Morticia teaching Wednesday that if you're going to go after the Patriarchy, you're going to need a bigger weapon. ;) What a good mom! 

#8: And she's doesn't stand for white privilege.


Re-writing history like a BOSS.
I love this scene when she decides to veer from the script of the first Thanksgiving and tear that s--t to pieces. 


Burn it down.
#9: Wednesday knows that Co-Dependency in an unattractive and unhealthy form of relationships. 



Don't you know that co-dependency is a dysfunctional relationship where one person supports/enables another person's addiction/ immaturity/ irresponsibility/ under-achievement. DOES THAT SOUND LIKE REAL LOVE TO YOU?! I didn't think so. 

#9: Morticia and Gomez have the VERY BEST relationship.


#RELATIONSHIPGOALS



ALL THE BATS!!


#10: Wednesday is strong and everyone knows she is not to be messed with.



I wouldn't get on her bad side if I were you. Wednesday is tough and I love her fighting spirit.

#11: THEY ARE TOUGH AS NAILS.



Is it any wonder Wednesday turned out as tough as she did? Morticia is a serious Bad A who's fiercely loyal and loves her family more than anything.  

Oh, and the Addams Family motto: Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc. We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. 

#12: Wednesday is the Queen of Sarcasm



A girl after my own heart, she is witty and as sarcastic as they come and I LOVE her for it! We sarcastic people have to stick together!





#13: The Power of the perfectly *executed* one-liner. [eh eh, get it?! Dark humor... ;) ]





Wednesday is the BEST. I'm sorry but I can't help it, I feel like quoting Wayne's World right now... we're not worthy. we're not worthy.

#14: Morticia gives the best advice.


IT'S NOT. IT'S REALLY NOT.

BEAUTIFUL AND TRUE.

LOVE THIS! SHE'S NOT ABOUT SOCIETY'S HORRIBLE  TRADITIONAL BEAUTY STANDARDS. SHE'S BETTER THAN THAT.

ALWAYS REMINDING US THAT WE CAN'T FORGET THAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE STRUGGLES TOO.
#16: Wednesday is a truth teller.



So wise beyond her years.

#17: Morticia knows her priorities, but it doesn't mean she doesn't have dreams. And she sets a good example for her kids. 


DON'T WE ALL?? ;)
Exhibit B:


#COLLEGEFIRST
#18: Because no one does a better plotting face than Morticia.



This is a VERY important life skill.

#19: And because she is a SURVIVOR. (Even before Destiny's Child.)



#20: Wednesday knows this is the ONLY way to sleep.



Complete with creepy twin doll.

#21: Morticia knows that tragedy is also beautiful. 



As F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote, "I'm a romantic; a sentimental person thinks things will last, a romantic person hopes against hope that they won't." Happy endings are wonderful but sometimes a beautiful tragedy is the only good ending.  

#22: And that brunettes (black hair included) definitely have more fun!




#24: WEDNESDAY IS NOT PERKY AND I LOVE THAT ABOUT HER. 




Again, the struggle is real. I am NOT a morning person, though most of my life starts bright and early, which means I'm this Wednesday exactly, until about...noon. 

#25: AND AGAIN, BECAUSE NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WITH SCREW WITH THEM AND THAT MAKES THEM FREAKING AWESOME.





No comments:

Post a Comment