Wednesday, December 23, 2015

An Ode to My Best Friend


Today is my best friend’s birthday!! So in honor of her, I decided to write a little something… 

Brown Eyed Girl has a Blue Eyed Bestie and it’s her BIRTHDAY!!! Not many people can say they’ve been best friends with their BFF since they were born, but WE can!! Although, we generally say that it ALL started when I was 1 and she was 2, because that’s the first photo-graphical evidence we have. 


SEE. We are born exactly 11 months apart and have been besties ever since. Best Friend or even BFF, is a title that doesn’t quite seem to do our friendship justice. She is my SOULMATE. We have been through EVERYTHING together. And honestly, I wouldn’t change a single second of it.

She is the first person I text in the morning and the last person I text at night. We have been through births of kids, deaths of loved ones, the hardest, darkest moments together as well as the happiest most wonderful ones. We’ve been through break ups, heartaches, side-splitting laughter, every birthday, every holiday, vacations, concerts, soccer games, band performances…you name it, we’ve been through it. I cannot imagine my life without her, nor would I ever want to.

I actually can’t remember a time before we were friends... probably because I was an infant, but there’s something to say for someone who has literally been through your entire life with you. It’s almost as if we were friends even before we were born. You can scoff at that all you want, but I know that it’s true. We are not the same people we were as 5 year old besties, or 10 year old besties, or 15 or 20 or even 25 year old besties, but somehow we’ve always grown up together, grown closer together, even sometimes in the most impossible ways and circumstances. That’s why she is my SOULMATE.

Every relationship has rough patches, but ours have been almost nonexistent. She has been the one constant thing in my life since the very beginning. Everything I am, everything I’ve done, has been because of her, because of our friendship. I am not me without her, nor am I anything without her. She is as much a part of me as my own soul, like two old trees whose roots have grown completely entwined, immovable, and stronger together than on their own.

So to my BESTIE, my SOULMATE, on her Birthday…I love you to the moon and back and a THOUSAND times over.

You are my sunshine. My only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You’ll never know dear, how much I love you. Here's to the next 70+ years and on through infinity.

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment