Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Jennifer Lawrence Rules the World

Okay, it's not like I'm the first person to blog about their Jennifer Lawrence love. Hello, every single person in the world loves her. I mean, even Kristen Stewart smiles when she hugs her, and that's saying something.


See what I mean? If she can melt the Ice Queen's heart, she can do anything. But that's not the only reason Jennifer Lawrence rules the world, there are many, many others. Actually, I started making a list and downloading pictures with quotes on them and I HAD to stop myself at 40 pictures, because then I just felt like a creepy stalker kid and I definitely don't want to be that. But she's amazing. I think we can all agree with that and move on. 

I haven't really added to my list of favorite actresses in a long time, I mean, my top 5 has been the same for years and years (Sandra Bullock and Kate Hudson top the list, obviously.) But now Lawrence has really made a mess of things and I'm not even sure of the order or who I should kick out. I mean, it's a big deal guys. BIG. But you what, she's probably the #1 person I'd love to be friends with in real life (and of course Zooey Deschanel, because she's just perfection.) I mean, Jennifer Lawrence is just about the MOST RELATABLE FAMOUS PERSON IN REAL LIFE. And it's because of this that we (I) love her so much. And because she's absolutely hysterical, not to mention a pretty great role model. I'm certain we'd be BFF's because we're the same kind of weird, and that just works like magic, ya know?

So, without further ado, I give you the reasons why Jennifer Lawrence SHOULD BE QUEEN OF EVERYTHING.

1. She's always looks for the silver lining of things. (Eh, eh! See what I did there!)


2. She believes in herself.


 3. She stands up for herself and strives to be a good role model.


 4. She quotes Chic-flicks from the awards stand...and not just any chic flic...Mean Girls.



 5. She always says exactly what's on her mind, without fear of being weird.



6. She's not afraid to let her nerd flag fly.


7. She's humble and she's got a sense of humor about herself.


8. she's funny.


9. She has her priorities straight.


10. She's honest.
11. She's normal, in the very best way possible.


12. Totally normal.

13. She's not afraid to be daring.


14. She has imaginary relationships with famous people, just like we do.


15. She's really funny.


16. She's a great example to women, both "in the industry" and us normal girls.


17. SHE LOVES FOOD.



18. Because nobody looks cooler when they wink than her.


19. She doesn't taker herself too seriously.


20. She embraces her inner kid.


21. She still gets starstruck with famous people.


22. Because she's really, really funny.


23. She loves TV just like us.


24. She loves her mom.


25. She's confident and quirky and knows it, and she's not afraid to let you know it too.


26. Because being able to potty talk on national television takes guts.


27. She's not embarrassed to talk about the real insecurities that plague us women.


28. She's self-deprecating, in a charming sort of way.


29. She likes to be a "regular" person. 


30. She's a good friend and values the importance of her girlfriends and "girls nights".


31. She challanges Kate Moss and and lives to tell the tale! (That's basically a super power in itself)  And believes *skinny* is overrated.


32. She's not prissy. She'll skip a shower in favor of sleep or pee in the woods! I mean, come on!


33. She's witty.


34. She doesn't care what people think about her and she advocates for girls to feel the same way.


35. She vocalizes how much she loves food, as an actress, it seems like this is a rarity. (with humor of course.)


36. She's the kind of person who'd give you crap for something but who can also take it.


37. And basically, if this doesn't win you over, you're a robot because she's the coolest chick around.



Was 37 reasons too many?? Probably, but I don't care. It was hard enough to bring it down to this many to begin with.

Basically, I'm excited that girls have a strong, beautiful, smart, funny, and *healthy* size girl to look up to, someone who cares for and advocates for them to feel good about themselves. Someone who understands what it's like and fights against the stereotypes plaguing young girls. Someone who is legitimately a GOOD role model, as Catniss or her regular superhero-self. Jennifer Lawrence is awesome and could (does) rule the world in my book. And you know what, she's amazing at what she does. Her two Oscar statues (and the fact she's the youngest EVER to be awarded one!) are proof it isn't just an opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment