Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Literary Playlist- Katniss Everdeen Edition


I'm a Hunger Games fan. I mean really, who isn't? But normally I'm a classic literature fan. Not that I don't like young adult fiction, because I certainly do, but that it takes a certain story or character to actually get me into it because I don't read a lot of them. Katniss Everdeen is, by far, my favorite female character in a YA series (followed closely by Hermione obviously). She's complicated, tortured, courageous, intelligent, cunning, tenacious and selfless. She does ALL the saving in the series, for the most part anyway. She's strong, tough, and a great fighter. Everything she does, she does for others and I think she makes an excellent rolemodel. Like I said in my first "Literary Playlist" (here), this is entirely my own whimsical imagination of what I think Katniss would listen to, if in fact, she were a real person. I felt like her soundtrack would be a darker industrial sound, with some influences of rock and pop, which is why there's a lot of electronic beats. If they had iPods, I feel like Katniss would be listening to these while practicing with her bow...I know I'm a dork, but I can't help it. When I read or watch something, there's always a soundtrack forming in my head...so here ya go!

[Author's Note: Clicking on the title of the playlist will allow you to listen for FREE on Spotify!]

 1. Snuff on Digital, Blaqk Audio
2. Divided by Night, Crystal Method
3. Change (In the House of Flies), Deftones
4. Heaven's a Lie, Lacuna Coil
5. Complications,  Deadmau5
6. Instant Crush, Daft Punk
7. Prayer of the Refugee, Rise Against
8. The Ghost Woman & The Hunter, Lacuna Coil
9. Bitter For Sweet, Blaqk Audio
10. Intensity In Ten Cities, Chiodos
11. Fully Alive, Flyleaf
12. A Pain That I'm used To, Depeche Mode
13. The Embrace, AFI
14. Lonely Day, System of a Down
15. Shadowplay, Joy Division
16. Teen Age Riot, Sonic Youth
17. Uprising, Muse

Enjoy!! It might seem sort of weird pair ups, but just give it a listen! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment