Monday, August 18, 2014

Literary Playlist- Elizabeth Bennet Edition


Have you ever thought about what your favorite literary character’s playlist would be like? Or is that just me? I think about that kind of random stuff; I have a vivid imagination and it tends to run rampant. Like, say your favorite book character was a real person today, what would be on their iPod? What sort of songs would fill their playlists? I’m a full believer in the idea that what kind of music you listen to (the genres, artists, and songs) tells a lot about who you are. Your playlists are like diary entries to your life, just someone else’s words. At least mine are. I’ve been thinking a lot about that- because that’s what I do, I’m always thinking. About anything and everything, all at once.

When I read a book, those characters really do come to life; I see them, I hear their distinct voices, they are real to me. Page by page and paragraph after paragraph, they are real. Maybe that’s why I love reading so much. While I’m reading and perhaps while I’m daydreaming about it, I’m in that world, fully invested and living amongst the characters as if I were one of them. Omnipotently* watching their lives unfold and listening to their dialogue.

So a lot times when I’m reading a book, I think about how that character would be like today, in my world, in the “real” word. I guess it helps me relate to them on a higher level. I don’t know, maybe I’m a bit overzealous. But it’s FUN
! If you like that sort of thing…

On the off chance that you do, and you also like music, than you’re in the right place! To start this off, I thought I’d share with you my favorite character of all time, Miss Elizabeth Bennet. Inspired by her thoughts and based on her life, as we know it within the pages of Pride and Prejudice, and how I see it in my mind, I give you her playlist, whimsically dreamed up by yours truly. Enjoy!

*Yes, I make up my own words, too.

[Author’s note: by clicking on the title of the playlist, you can listen to it for FREE on Spotify.]

Bennet

1. Laura Palmer, Bastille
2. You’re So Vain, Carly Simon
3. Penguin, Christina Perri
4. Reason to Believe, Dashboard Confessional
5. Soul Meets Body, Death Cab for Cutie
6. Between Two Lungs, Florence + the Machine
7. Cold as Ice, Foreigner
8. I've Got you Under my Skin, Frank Sinatra
9. Oil & Water, Incubus
10. Somewhere Only we Know, Lily Allen
11. Madness, Muse
12. Unwritten, Natasha Bedingfield
13. Just a Girl- Acoustic Live, No Doubt
14. Cold is the Night, The Oh Hello’s
15. Fall for You, Secondhand Serenade
16. I’m Gonna Be, Sleeping at Last
17. Back to December, Taylor Swift
18. Where the Streets Have no Name, U2
19. Clarity, Zedd/Foxes

20. King and Lionheart, Of Monsters and Men
21. Cold Shoulder, Adele

No comments:

Post a Comment