Wednesday, August 20, 2014

10 Reasons I'm Ready for Fall...NOW


Fall officially starts on September 23 and I can't tell you how excited that makes me. It’s no secret that Fall is my *FAVORITE* time of year! I mean, what’s not to love right? And yes, I do like summer, for about 12 minutes and then I’m ready for Fall again. Truth is, I never really want Fall to be over. I LOVE IT. Sure, Winter is great, and definitely second best, but Fall is for sure the BEST. I know most people are clenching onto their last days of summer the way I do to Lindor Chocolate Truffles, but seriously you guys, it’s really time we get this show on the road and say sayonara to Summer.

Here are the 10 reasons why I CANNOT WAIT for Fall:

1. Hoodies. Hoodies are my FAVORITE thing in the world. They’re so comfy and cozy and warm. Mmmmmmm… they just put you in the best mood! Not to mention the weather that’s associated with hoodies. Give me cold and cloudy ANY day of the week over hot and sunny. Sweater weather is better weather.

2. The changing of the seasons…in the literal sense. I love when the trees change color; orange, yellow, purple…so many beautiful colors! One of my favorite things in the world is to stomp on crunchy leaves...really, you can never be too old to do this! I love when they cover the streets and everyone’s front yards. It seriously makes me SO HAPPY. The weather is perfect because you're not sweating your butt off and you're also not experiencing frostbite yet. It's the PERFECT medium!

3. Bonfires w/ SMORES, obviously. Sure, you can have these in other seasons too, but it’s not as good. It doesn't even taste as good, I swear! Sitting by the fire in a hoodie and wrapped in a blanket, roasting marshmallows at dusk…doesn't that sound like the *PERFECT* night?? Add in some ghost stories and you have the best.night.ever.

4. RAIN. I love rain. It’s my favorite type of weather. I’m not sure what it is exactly, but it’s just perfect. Maybe as the earth gets a nice cleanse, I get a metaphorical one as well? I’m not sure if that makes any sense, but that’s how it feels. And the smell of the asphalt as it just starts to drizzle is indescribable.

5. PUMPKINS!! I love ‘em. I love how they look in our garden in the front yard, I love how they taste, I love the fake “pumpkin spice” flavoring that goes into EVERYTHING. Pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls, cider, muffins, cookies, bread, you name it, it’s going to be sold starting October 1st. Not to mention the pumpkin scented candles! I love lighting those babies every day after work. It’s like a pumpkin wonderland!

6. Apple Hill. For those who might not live near me, Apple Hill is an area of apple orchards (yes, on a hill) that put on like a farmers market, but bigger! They have boutiques set up everywhere, tones of food places, the best CARAMEL in the world, and some pretty bangin’ apple pie using their own apples. You drive around going to different people’s orchards and pumpkin farms (where you can hand pick your very own!) and eat tons of delicious food, buy tons of unique things and enjoy the beautiful fall weather in a little slice of nature’s paradise. We've been going every year since I was young, it’s a family tradition. And one that will not be broken. EVER.

7. Rainy days inside. I love a wonderful Saturday when the weather is “ghastly” outside and you curl up in your pjs with a great book and a warm blanket on the couch with your pup and read for hours. Maybe at night you throw on Casablanca, The Philadelphia Story (personal favorite), or ANY black & white Hitchcock and enjoy it while the rain pelts against the window glass. It’s also my favorite time to listen to Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr, Dean Martin, and you know, Michael Buble. If you're lucky, the power will go out and you can play Clue by candlelight! Which is hands down the best thing in the world.

8. HALLOWEEN. It’s just about my favorite holiday…tied for 1st with Christmas. I love everything about Halloween. And starting October 1st you can start decorating and not stop until the 31st! I mean, it’s wonderful. I always re-read POE during October, because you HAVE TO. And also Practical Magic because it’s about witches and it’s really great, fun, endearing and definitely “Halloween-ey”. Not to mention watching a scary/holiday themed movie every day. ABC family does their 31 days of Halloween where you can revisit Disney Channel classics like Halloween Town. And then on the weekends you can watch grown up scary movies with all your friends! It’s great!


-Runner up is Thanksgiving, because it's a huge family holiday, usually around my BIRTHDAY... and also I love to shop! :)


9. Scarves, scarves, and more scarves! A great scarf is the best fashion accessory in fall/winter. It can take a normally unexciting drab outfit to fabulous instantly. A lot of fall/winter colors are darker, but a great scarf can add a punch of color or print to an outfit and knock it out of the park. Not to mention, a scarf looks instantly chic, perfect for date night or girls night! 

10. SEASON PREMIERES OF YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOWS!! Who doesn't honestly wait for their favorite TV shows to come back with new episodes?? Maybe we don't like to admit it, but most of us are eagerly waiting for September to arrive with our Fall favorites! It's been rough waiting for their return, and USA does a great job with their summer shows helping to ease the pain, but my goodness are we ready to get back with our favorite characters every week! I mean, David Clark is ALIVE?? What is Emily (aka Amanda) going to do?? Will she finally realize that she's loved Jack all along? [Revenge] Olivia Pope quit her job and got on the plane with JAKE and Fitz is staying with Milley and what's going on in the White House?? [Scandal] Don't EVEN get me started on where we stand in the Apocalypse and the 4 horsemen. [Sleepy Hollow] It will be SO GOOD to get back to our friends and perhaps make some new ones with all the new shows coming out this year! 



No comments:

Post a Comment