Monday, July 28, 2014

Dating Purgatory


“Hanging out” is the purgatory of the dating world. You’re just stuck in limbo! What are we doing?? You’re either just friends or you’re potentially interested in being more than friends. And if that’s the case, just flippin ask us on bloody D-A-T-E. It’s not scary and it DOESN’T mean commitment, okay people!?

It’s like we live in a movie that never has the good endings! Maybe someone hit pause and we’re just waiting for it to start back up again? No. Screw that, I hate waiting. Maybe we just need a casting change, ya know? Like in soap operas where they kill off one of one of the main characters to bring on a new, more interesting and even better one. Yeah, I like that. Metaphorically speaking, of course. I’m not homicidal. Just irritated and stuck on this perpetual (not so)Merry-Go-Round of mid twenties “dating” hell. Welcome to adulthood, I hope you like being alone. That’s the sign at the entrance, in case you missed it on your way in.

Haha I only say this tongue and cheek, it sounds like I am depressed, but I swear I’m not. It’s almost amusing to me, almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment